Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lumang tsinelas, bagong kwento

Old slippers, new story
---

I must admit, I was never that good in speaking and writing in Filipino. This is despite being born in the Philippines and having this wonderful skin tone. I was born in Manila but both my parents are from Bicol.

At an early age, I was somehow able to understand and speak the Bicolandia dialect. Great! Problem is, my Filipino (back then it was fondly referred to as Tagalog) got all mixed up. And when I thought I had a handle of things, then came grade school and English.

This blog is my little way of trying to put things in order. I intend this to be a collection of sorts from childhood experiences to the present. And some random musings every now and then. All things proudly Filipino and of the Philippines.

Why name this pudpod na tsinelas? Because I dont ever remember not having a tsinelas. Its probably part of being a Filipino. We are so endeared to these that we use them all the time. There's light abaca for the bedroom, rubber non-slip for the bath room, and tough but comfortable ones for the outdoor. But whatever material it is made from or how much its retail worth (some brands are just so expensive!) - I hope you find a pair that fits you and serves you long and well.

/pnt

1 comment:

  1. Count me in. I am a certified tsinelas-lover ever since. :D Nice blog. Keep 'em coming! :P

    ReplyDelete